Centella and Soy provide Tocopherols and Lipid Complex, which along with antioxidant Essential Fatty Acids visibly reduce expression lines and wrinkles.
Vitamins A, E and D from Wheatgerm and Phyto-amino Acid Peptides reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eye and visibly reduce puffiness around the eye area.
95% experienced eyebag volume reduction*
The formation of eyebags under the eyes are devided into two areas: 1. Water accumulation-Vascular Problems, which cause the liquid flowing along the capillaries to be leaked out into the eyebag. 2. Fat accumulation-With age, fat that cushions the eyes in their sockets moves forward out of the ocular cavities and accumulates in bulging bags around the eyelids, this is caused by weakened tissues. The skin around the eyes, especially on the eyelids is the thinnest in the body and therefore more sensitive to weakness and loss of eleascity, which favour a “baggy” effect.
* A test was performed on 17 people, aged 34 to 54. A cream containing actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Eye Cream: Centella, Tetra-Peptide was applied twice daily during 28 days. High resolution photographs of the dark circles were taken under polarized light and chromametry studies performed.
Results showed the rings of the eyes had been significantly cleared up on the dark circle zone. The ITA [Individual Topological Angle] categorises skin colour as - Brown: less than 10 degrees. Tanned: less than 28 degrees. Normal: less than 41 degrees. Light: less than 55 degrees. Very Light: greater than 55 degrees. Results recorded at 14 days showed ITA significantly increased [+3%] showing a lightening effect.
30% increase of Elasticity*
With age, fat that cushions the eyes in their sockets moves forward out of the ocular cavities and accumulates in bulging bags around the eyelids, this is caused by weakened tissues. The skin around the eyes, especially on the eyelids is the thinnest in the body and therefore more sensitive to weakness and loss of elasticity, which favour a “baggy” effect. Resultsshowed that actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Eye Cream: Centella, Tetra-Peptide increased the elasticity of the delicate skin around the eyes.
* Elasticity measurements were performed with a Cutometer which measures the skins ability to return back to its original shape after the skin has been extended to its maximum. This value is represented in a range between 0-1 [1 representing maximum elasticity]. Results were recorded at 0, 30 and 60 days and represented an increase from 0.494 at 0 days to 0.667 at 60 days. Skin elasticity had a 30% increase after only 30 days.
128% increase of Collagen Type I*
Collagen represents approx. 90% of the skins structure, as we age Collagen Type I decreases its production at approx. 1% per year [eg. 30 years old 30% less collagen production]. The evidence of this reduction in Collagen is seen as wrinkles, loss of firmness and thinning of the skin.
* The effectiveness of the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Eye Cream: Centella, Tetra-Peptide was tested on reconstituted human skin for 15 days.
81% increase of Collagen Type IV*
Type IV Collagen is the most abundant structural component of basement membranes key to providing structure, firmness, tone and preventing sagging of the skin.
3 times increased production of Collagen Type III*
Youthful skin contains a predominance of Collagen III, but during the aging process, cells gradually lose their ability to produce this type of Collagen.
* The effectiveness of the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Eye Cream: Centella, Tetra-Peptide were observed after human dermal fibroblasts were treated with a mixture of Hydrolyzed Soy Protein [HSP] and Hydrolyed Wheat Protein [HWP] at two different concentrations. Collagen III was detected using an ELISA test with monocolonal antibodies.
Increased Collagen fibre organisation*
During the aging process, disorganization of the fibril network increases, resulting in connective tissue damage, and the loss of skin three-dimensional integrity, culminating in the development of wrinkles. If the Collagen fibril diameter is uniform and their spacing is regular there is better cohesion and stabilisation of collagen which provides suppleness to the skin and a noticeable reduction of wrinkles.
* Tissues from a tridimensional human skin model were treated with the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Eye Cream: Centella, Tetra-Peptide. Tissues were sectioned and then observed by Transmission Electron Microscopy.
Increased Collagen Protection*
Our bodies produce Collagenases-which are enzymes that break the peptide bonds in Collagen. When these bonds are broken Collagen degradation occurs. The evidence of Collagen degradation is seen as wrinkles, loss of firmness, sagging and thinning of the skin. Anti-collagenase activity as a result of actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Eye Cream: Centella, Tetra-Peptide protect Collagen from degradation avoiding excess collagen damage in aged skin.
* In order to test for evidence of Collagen protection a study was conducted to determine the selectivity of actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Serum: Peptide-8 & E-2 Polysaccharide versus human MMPs: MMP-2 and MMP-3. The fluorescence released by quenched gelatin [denatured collagen] when digested with MMPs was monitored. Showing results: 74% inhibition of MMP-2 and 57% inhibition of MMP-3.