Potent polyphenols from white tea contain free radical fighting Antioxidants that noticeably improve elasticity diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles reducing the visible signs of ageing.
Bioactive phyto-amino acid peptides leave the skin looking smooth and noticeably more even toned.
Antioxidant asta-xanthin from cranberry a rich source of vitamin e, leaves the complexion looking more radiant.
Hyaluronic acid visibly restores the skins natural moisturising factors [nmf] noticeably improving hydration, visibly maintaining and rejuvenating the skin and smoothing the skin's surface.
Apply with smooth, upward and outward motions, working from the centre of the face, neck and décolletage.
Gently press in to enhance absorption and hydration. Use AM and/or PM. Suitable for all skin types.
11.1% instant reduction of wrinkle depth*
* Skin roughness variation was studied on a panel of 20 female volunteers [mean age 41] The volunteers applied a cream containing the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide on the face for 20 days twice a day. Skin replicas were taken at the beginning, after 2 and 8 hours, and at the end of the treatment. After 2 hours a 11.1% reduction of wrinkle depth was recorded. After 8 hours a 8.4% reduction of wrinkle depth was recorded. After 20 days a 9.3% reduction of wrinkle depth was recorded.
66% increase in Hyaluronic Acid production*
The body naturally produces Hyaluronic Acid which provides hydration, volume and support, participating in would healing, and cellular migration and proliferation. Hyaluronic Acid can retain water up to 1000 times its own weight, becoming crucial for skin hydration and offering a plumping effect. The aging process increases Hyaluronic Acid union to tissues and hyaluronidases activity [Hyaluronic degradation], and decreases HA [Hyaluronic Acid] synthesis, which reduces HA availability. This reduction causes skin water and volume loss, leading to wrinkles and facial volume changes in key areas like the nasogenian fold [creases from the nose to the chin]. This fold is considered one of the most clear and visable signs of aging.
*Human fibroblasts were seeded in24-well plates and incubated during 24hours. Then, deprivation medium was added and cells were incubated for additional 24hours. Afterwards, cells were treated with actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide for 48hours. Then, medium was collected and Hyaluronic quantitated by an ELISA test measuring absorbance values at 405 nm in a microtiter plate reader. HA concentrations were determined using a linear regression of the HA standard solutions curve. Results showed that Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide actives efficiently increased HA synthesis by 66% compared to the negative control
37.2% increase in hydration*
Dry skin has a decreased capacity to heal and is far more susceptible to various forms of skin damage such as sun exposure, air pollution and other environmental and biological factors.
* Skin hydration variation was studied on a panel of 20 female volunteers [mean age 44.3] which applied a cream containing actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide on the left side of the face and a placebo cream on the right hand side for 20 days twice a day. Measures were taken at the beginning, after and 2 and 8 hour, and at the end of the treatment. After 2, 8 hours and 20 days respectively an increase in the placebo cream was 11%, 6%, 0% After 2, 8 hours and 20 days the cream containing actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide showed significant hydration increases, measuring 36%, 30% and 37.2%
128% increase of Collagen Type I*
Collagen represents approx. 90% of the skins structure, as we age Collagen Type I decreases its production at approx. 1% per year [eg. 30 years old 30% less collagen production]. The evidence of this reduction in Collagen is seen as wrinkles, loss of firmness and thinning of the skin.
* The effectiveness of the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide was tested on reconstituted human skin for 15 days.
81% increase of Collagen Type IV*
Type IV Collagen is the most abundant structural component of basement membranes key to providing structure, firmness, tone and preventing sagging of the skin.
3 times increased production of Collagen Type III*
Youthful skin contains a predominance of Collagen III, but during the aging process, cells gradually lose their ability to produce this type of Collagen.
* The effectiveness of the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide were observed after human dermal fibroblasts were treated with a mixture of Hydrolyzed Soy Protein [HSP] and Hydrolyed Wheat Protein [HWP] at two different concentrations. Collagen III was detected using an ELISA test with monocolonal antibodies.
Increased Collagen fibre organisation*
During the aging process, disorganization of the fibril network increases, resulting in connective tissue damage, and the loss of skin three-dimensional integrity, culminating in the development of wrinkles. If the Collagen fibril diameter is uniform and their spacing is regular there is better cohesion and stabilisation of collagen which provides suppleness to the skin and a noticeable reduction of wrinkles.
* Tissues from a tridimensional human skin model were treated with the actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide. Tissues were sectioned and then observed by Transmission Electron Microscopy.
Increased Collagen Protection*
Our bodies produce Collagenases-which are enzymes that break the peptide bonds in Collagen. When these bonds are broken Collagen degradation occurs. The evidence of Collagen degradation is seen as wrinkles, loss of firmness, sagging and thinning of the skin. Anti-collagenase activity as a result of actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Moisturiser: White Tea & Phyto-Peptide protect Collagen from degradation avoiding excess collagen damage in aged skin.
* In order to test for evidence of Collagen protection a study was conducted to determine the selectivity of actives in Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Serum: Peptide-8 & E-2 Polysaccharide versus human MMPs: MMP-2 and MMP-3. The fluorescence released by quenched gelatin [denatured collagen] when digested with MMPs was monitored. Showing results: 74% inhibition of MMP-2 and 57% inhibition of MMP-3.